Facts and figures
Zuidas is located between Schiphol and Amsterdam city centre, between the Buitenveldert and Oud Zuid districts and between the Nieuwe Meer and Amstel conservation areas. It is highly dynamic because of the concentration of businesses, housing, and institutions combined with numerous construction developments. Added to this will be the construction of the most important infrastructure project for the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area: Zuidasdok.
Zuidas is a major urban area covering approx. 245 hectares (excluding Zuidasdok). At its widest, Zuidas is 1.14 kilometres wide and 750 metres at its narrowest. Its total length is 3.5 kilometres.
In the period up to 2030, over 1 million sq. m. of offices, housing, and amenities are being developed.
This will ultimately total: 2,040,000 sq. m.
Offices 870,000 sq. m.
Housing 770,000 sq. m.
Amenities 400,000 sq. m.
- Number of businesses in Zuidas: 2.645
- Public administration, Education, Care: 160
- Culture, leisure, other services: 145
- Commercial services: 850
- Financial services and real estate: 850
- Transport, information, and communication: 245
- Trade and hospitality/catering: 295
- Industry and energy: 95
Reference year 2021. Source: allecijfers.nl
VU Amsterdam (Vrije Universiteit) 29,796 students (2020-2021). In 2020, VU Amsterdam had 45 Bachelor’s and 100 Master’s programmes.
Offices and amenities
- Strawinskylaan Bicycle Park (3,500 bicycle parking places)
- Ravel car park (360 car parking spaces)
- Edge Olympic (extended by 6,000 sq. m.)
- Goede Doelen Loterijen (redevelopment and extension, 4.000 sq. m.)
- Rietveld Academie (extension, 3,500 sq. m.)
- Circl, ABN-AMRO (3,000 sq. m.)
- Atrium (extension, 30,000 sq. m.)
- NoMa House (16,000 sq. m.)
Zuidas has almost 4,000 residents (reference date, 1 January 2020). The number of residents in the Zuidas district has increased by 1,675 since 2016 to reach 3,930 in 2021. (Source: allecijfers.nl)
Number of homes built: 2,774
Of which temporary student homes (Ravel Residence): 800
Remaining housing programme until 2030: approx. 7,000 homes
Breakdown of remaining housing programme: 40% social rental properties, 40% mid-market (rental and owner-occupied), and 20% upmarket rental and owner-occupied.
15 minutes by bike to Amsterdam city centre
30 minutes by bike to most of Amsterdam and Amstelveen
Three public underground bicycle parks
Strawinskylaan: 3,750 places
Two railway stations: Amsterdam Zuid and RAI
Travel time to and from Schiphol: 6 minutes
Two access roads to and from the A10.
Tram and metro
Direct metro connections to Amsterdam Central, Sloterdijk, Amstel, Lelylaan, RAI, and Bijlmer Arena railway stations and Noord bus station
Zuid Station bus stop: 8 buses
No rights may be derived from this list.