In historical terms, the average vacancy rate is lower than in other parts of Amsterdam. In the run up to 2030, more than one million m2 of offices, homes and amenities will be constructed in Zuidas. This means there are many interesting investment and development opportunities for developers and investors. Top quality companies are keen to put down roots in Zuidas, due to:
- its favourable location relative to the historical city centre
- its top quality amenities
- the quality and sustainability of its buildings
- its accessibility (by public transport/car) and its location in relation to Schiphol
- the presence of highly educated and talented potential employees
- the large-scale concentration of business service providers
- its excellent digital infrastructure
Further details about the development and investment opportunities in Zuidas.
Zuidas is a high-end international knowledge and business centre. It is home to a large number of businesses offering financial, legal and business services. Companies from other sectors, too, are now discovering that Zuidas is an ideal location. This large group of leading companies and institutions includes Google, AkzoNobel, ABN AMRO, The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, VU Medical Center and – in 2019 – the European Medicines Agency. Zuidas also offers plenty of scope for the retail trade. These businesspeople tend to set up shop in the buildings’ ‘plinth level’ (the ground floor and the first floor). In this way, they are making a significant contribution to the range of amenities in Zuidas, which further enhances the area’s social climate.